Oh Shit, Progress!

Some pictures of forward motion. more on the Flickr page, if you're inclined.



I learned how to weld when I took Metal Sculpture a couple years ago, and have been wanting to get back into it ever since. Turns out it takes a lot of equipment that isn't practical to own and keep in your average student apartment. Anyway, I'm back in the Metalshop, remembering how it goes, I'm picking it back up pretty quickly.



I've disassembled one iMac thus far, which is enough for right now, I'm making drawings for the frame I'll build for each of them and checking out welding supply stores for material. All 7 iMacs have now got OS 9.2.2 installed, which took a lot longer than I thought it would, with firmware updates and all. In other news, aluminum insulation tape is a good (enough) conductor of electricity to be the contact points for the floor sensors I'll be building next. Don't know what I'm talking about? You will, next update.